Terms and Conditions
Where to find information about us and our products
You can find everything you need to know about us, LAVOIE, and our products on our website, https://www.lavoielectric.com, before you order. We also confirm the key information to you in writing, after you order, either by email or in your online account.
Please check your local regulations for rules on electric scooters. In the UK, electric scooters are not to be used on footpaths, cycle lanes or roads. It is the complete responsibility of the customer to ensure that your e-scooter is operated by all country and local laws. The customer assumes all liability and risk associated with the use of electric scooter products.
When you buy from us you are agreeing that:
- We only accept orders when we’ve checked them.
- Sometimes we reject orders.
- We charge you when you order.
- We charge interest on late payments.
- We pass on increases in VAT.
- We’re not responsible for delays outside our control.
- Products can vary slightly from their pictures.
- You’re responsible for making sure your measurements are accurate.
- If you bought online, over the telephone or in one of our stores, you have a legal right to change your mind plus extra rights under our guarantee.
- You can end an on-going contract (find out how).
- You may need to assemble your product at your expense.
- You are responsible for using your product appropriately.
- This is your warranty.v
- Your warranty does not cover the following.
- Your warranty procedure is as follows.
- There is limited remedy.
- You have rights if there is something wrong with your product.
- We can change products and these terms.
- We can suspend supply (and you have rights if we do).
- We can withdraw products.
- We can end our contract with you.
- We use your personal data as set out in our Privacy Notice.
- Other important terms apply to our contract.
We only accept orders when we’ve checked them
We contact you to confirm we’ve received your order and we accept it when we dispatch or supply the product and confirm dispatch to you.
Sometimes we reject orders
Sometimes we reject orders, for example, because a product is unexpectedly out of stock, because a credit reference we have obtained is unsatisfactory[, because we can’t verify your age (where the product is age-restricted), because you are located outside our delivery areas, as stated on our website and in our marketing or because the product was mispriced by us. When this happens, we let you know as soon as possible and refund any sums you have paid.
We charge you when you order
However, for some products we take payment at regular intervals, as explained to you during the order process. You will own any goods you buy once we have received payment for them in full.
We charge interest on late payments
If we’re unable to collect any payment you owe us we charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of the Bank of England base rate from time to time. This interest accrues on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You pay us the interest together with any overdue amount.
We pass on increases in VAT
If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
We’re not responsible for delays outside our control
If our supply of your product is delayed by an event outside our control, we contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won’t compensate you for the delay, but if the delay is likely to be substantial, you can contact our Customer Service Team: email@example.com to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for in advance, but not received.
Products can vary slightly from their pictures
A product’s true colour may not exactly match that shown on your device or its packaging may be slightly different.
You’re responsible for making sure your measurements are accurate
If we’re making or supplying the product to measurements you provide, you’re responsible for making sure those measurements are correct.
If you bought online, over the telephone or in one of our stores, you have a legal right to change your mind plus extra rights under our guarantee.
Your legal right to change your mind.
For most of our products, you have a legal right to change your mind about your purchase and receive a refund of what you paid for it, including the delivery costs. This is subject to some conditions, as set out below.
Our goodwill guarantee.
In addition, we, LAVOIE, offer our customers a goodwill guarantee for most products, however they are purchased, which is more generous than your legal rights in the ways set out below. This goodwill guarantee does not affect your legal rights if there is something wrong with your product (for more on those rights see You have rights if there is something wrong with your product).
Your legal rights
How our goodwill guarantee is more generous
14 days to change your mind
30 days to change your mind
You pay costs of return
You pay costs of return
When you can’t change your mind.
You can’t change your mind about an order for:
- services, once these have been completed;
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them;
- goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised; and
- goods which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
The deadline for changing your mind.
If you change your mind about a product you must let us know no later than 30 days after:
- the day we deliver your product, if it is goods, for example an electric scooter or an electric bike. If the goods are for regular delivery (for example, a subscription), you can only change your mind after the first delivery. If the goods are split into several deliveries over different days, the period runs from the day after the last delivery.
- the day we confirm we have accepted your order, if it is for a service, for example a tracking subscription.
How to let us know.
To let us know you want to change your mind, contact our Customer Service Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have to return the product at your own cost.
If your product is goods, for example, an electric scooter, you have to return it (and any free gifts provided with it) to us within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind. Returns are at your own cost, unless we offered free returns when you bought the goods. You can:
- bring the product to one of our stores (find the one nearest to you by contacting our Customer Service Team: email@example.com). You will need your email receipt and the card you paid with.
- send the product back to us, using an established delivery service. If you do this you should keep a receipt or other evidence from the delivery service that proves you have sent it and when you sent it. If you don’t do this and we don’t receive the goods at all or within a reasonable time we won’t refund you the price. For help with returns, including our collection arrangements for goods which can’t be posted, see our Returns Process: here or contact our Customer Service Team: here.
We only refund standard delivery costs.
We don’t refund any extra you have paid for express delivery or delivery at a particular time.
You have to pay for services you received before you change your mind.
If you bought a service, we don’t refund you for the time you were receiving it before you told us you’d changed your mind.
We reduce your refund if you have used or damaged a product.
If you handle the product in a way which would not be acceptable in-store, we reduce your refund, to compensate us for its reduced value. For example, we reduce your refund if the product’s condition is not “as new”, price tags have been removed, the packaging is damaged or accessories are missing. In some cases, because of the way you have treated the product, no refund may be due. Our Customer Service Team: here can advise you on whether we’re likely to reduce your refund.
When and how we refund you.
If your product is a service or goods that haven’t been delivered or that we’re collecting from you, we refund you as soon as possible and within 14 days of you telling us you’ve changed your mind. If your product is goods that you’re sending back to us, we refund you within 14 days of receiving them back from you (or receiving evidence you’ve sent them to us). We refund you by the method you used for payment. We don’t charge a fee for the refund.
You can end an on-going contract (find out how)
We tell you when and how you can end an on-going contract with us (for example, for regular services or a subscription for goods) during the order process and we confirm this information to you in writing after we’ve accepted your order. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Team: here.
You may need to assemble your product
If you purchase any Goods that require assembly, you shall, at your expense, make all arrangements and connections necessary to install and operate the Goods properly. You shall assemble the Goods in accordance with our instructions or recommendations and shall indemnify us against any and all damages, demands, suits, causes of action, claims and expenses (including actual attorneys’ fees and costs) arising directly or indirectly out of your failure to properly install the Goods. We will clearly indicate when assembly is required.
You are responsible for using your product appropriately
You are responsible for using and maintaining your product properly and safely in accordance with any required laws and/or as set forth in manuals and instruction sheets furnished by us.
We warrant that all new LAVOIE products are warranted to you against manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of (2) years from the date of delivery. The warranty period is calculated from the point of delivery. The original receipt of purchase is required to establish proof of purchase and must be provided to us for all warranty claims. We will require you to complete a MANDATORY standard procedure for warranty claims that will involve media such as photos and videos to help our after sales staff establish the fault with the product.
Only the individual components themselves are covered by the warranty. The removal, assembly, and tuning requirements of the component is borne by the customer making the claim. The costs/inconvenience caused by the loss of use of the product, is not covered whilst the warranty procedure takes place. The warranty for replacement components will be based on the date of delivery. Under no circumstance will a replacement component have a warranty date different than the original date of delivery. If a replacement is necessary due to a defect in materials and/or workmanship, then upon return to us, the component will be replaced during the warranty period.
We will have no obligation under this limited warranty in the event the product is damaged or destroyed as a result of any of the following events: component use on a non LAVOIE product, damage or destruction by abuse; collision; theft; improper maintenance or mishandling of the product; natural forces such as wind, lightning, hail, etc.; any willful or negligent act; penetration, or opening of the product casings in any manner. Replacement will be honored only by LAVOIE.
This is LAVOIE exclusive warranty. No party is granted express or implied authority to change or annul this warranty in any manner. Implied warranty including that of merchant-ability and fitness for a particular purpose are expressly limited in duration to the duration of this warranty. LAVOIE disclaims any liability for special, incidental or consequential damages.
This warranty is not meant to suggest or imply that the products cannot be broken or will last forever. It does mean that the product is covered subject to the terms of the warranty. This warranty applies only to the original Buyer of the product and is not transferable to subsequent owners or any other party. This warranty is void if the product is subjected to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, an accident or other abnormal, excessive, or improper use, at our sole discretion.
Your warranty does not cover the following
- normal wear and tear
- damage or failure from abuse, neglect, misuse, or accident
- damage from stunt riding, ramp jumping, acrobatics, competitive events, such as bicycle racing, bicycle motocross racing, or similar activities or any activity that is not consistent with the intended use of the product
- damages resulting from improper charging of the battery pack or use of any charger not supplied by LAVOIE
- The Battery, like all lithium-ion batteries, will experience gradual energy or power loss with time and use. Loss of Battery energy or power over time or due to or resulting from Battery usage, is not covered under Warranty.
- installation of any parts, accessories, or electrical component(s) not originally intended for or compatible with the product as sold, or any modification of the frame or any component(s) originally supplied; tires, brake pads, chains, lights, motors, battery packs, displays, or vehicle controllers that have been opened for any purpose whatsoever, other than by us.
- All warranties are void if the product is used for any purpose other than the reasonable intended use of the product. Additionally, this warranty does not cover damage associated with commercial use.
- Aftermarket components or modifications
All implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to that of the express warranties stated above.
Your warranty procedure is as follows
You must provide us with proof of purchase. To qualify for warranty services, a Warranty Product Return Authorization Number (“WPRAN”) must be obtained by the original purchaser from us. The original Purchaser must contact a LAVOIE representative to discuss the problem with the product and to obtain a WPRAN. Upon issuance of a WPRAN, the product component(s) must be returned to LAVOIE. The original Purchaser is responsible for the return of the product, undamaged in transit, to LAVOIE for warranty work and for the costs associated with shipping the component(s) when returning them. If LAVOIE determines a warranty claim is valid and conforms with this warranty, LAVOIE will replace component(s). For valid warranty claims hereunder, LAVOIE will reimburse the original Purchaser for shipping costs incurred as a result of returning the product to LAVOIE for warranty work at standard ground shipping rates, and LAVOIE will pay for shipping costs to return the product to the original buyer.
There is limited remedy
Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to the replacement of defective parts at the sole discretion of LAVOIE. In no event shall LAVOIE be responsible for direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory.
You have rights if there is something wrong with your product
If you think there is something wrong with your product, you must either bring it into one of our stores or service center or contact our Customer Service Team: here. We honour our legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you on our website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law.
We can change products and these terms
Changes we can always make. We can always change a product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- to make minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These are changes that don’t affect your use of the product.
Changes we can only make if we give you notice and an option to terminate.
We can also make the following types of change to the product or these terms, but if we do so we’ll notify you and you can then contact our Customer Service Team: here to end the contract before the change takes effect and receive a refund for any products you’ve paid for in advance, but not received:
We can suspend supply (and you have rights if we do)
We can suspend the supply of a product.
We do this to:
deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
make changes to the product (see We can change products and these terms).
We let you know, may adjust the price and may allow you to terminate.
We contact you in advance to tell you we’re suspending supply, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we suspend the product, we adjust the price so you don’t pay for it while its suspended. If we suspend supply, or tell you we’re going to suspend supply, you can contact our Customer Service Team: here to end the contract and we’ll refund any sums you’ve paid in advance for products you won’t receive.
We can withdraw products
We can stop providing a product, such as an ongoing service or a subscription for goods. We refund any sums you’ve paid in advance for products which won’t be provided.
We can end our contract with you
We can end our contract with you for a product and claim any compensation due to us if:
- you don’t make any payment to us when it’s due and you still don’t make payment within 30 days of our reminding you that payment is due;
- you don’t, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information, cooperation or access that we need to provide the product;
- you don’t, within a reasonable time, either allow us to deliver the product to you or collect it from us.
We use your personal data as set out in our Privacy Notice
How we use any personal data you give us is set out in our Privacy Notice: here.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract.
If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later.
We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you’re not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do it later.